Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Reasons to Switch to a mac

The latest computer craze is that of the Mac OSX. I am seeing more and more of them around. I have heard countless people say that they like their pc, because they know how to use it, and it works with everything they've needed to do. Well it's my opinion that these people are simply uninformed, and apple-less. Many of the people who I have once heard this non-sense from, now own a mac, and they have totally changed their outlook on computing.

I have preached and preached about mac computers and how they are worth the extra money, but i recently found an article that was interesting that described "8 financial reasons to use Mac OS". They are as follows:

1. Macs bring better overall value proposition.
2. Mac liscensing fees are cheaper
3. Mac desktop spawns fewer calls to the help desk. - (or none! I have had a mac computer for 6 years and haven't taken it to be repaired once!)
4. Mac users are more productive
5. Macs last longer
6. Mac OS is more secure
7. Mac is just as cost-effective as windows to administer and manage
8. Add Macs while hanging on to your investments in other OSes

Don't agree? read the article yourself for the explanations
http://www.cio.com/article/127050/Eight_Financial_Reasons_Why_You_Should_Use_Mac_OS?page=4&taxonomyId=3234

1 comment:

  1. Great article. I also find myself preaching Mac products when people ask me which OS to go with. I have purchased a PowerBook Pro (2004) and a Macbook (2008), both of which are running without issues today. My major reason to move to the Mac in 2004 was the overwhelming annoyance of all the viruses and crashes on the PC's in my household. The statement from Garcia is absolutely valid in how you use half of your PC system's processing capabilities running background protection programs. ("With Mac OS, you don't have to worry as much about malware. So you don't have to run as much software in the background for dealing with the problem," says VMU.net's Garcia.) Have you had any trouble with viruses with your Mac products?

    ReplyDelete